Monday, May 14, 2007

mother's day

I went home for mother's day. I took her to the warrior's game. What kind of mom would want that as a present? Basically, my mom is my favorite person in the world and the older I get the more I appreciate her. Also, the older I get, the more I see myself in her. I have her spaciness, terrible sense of direction and jumpiness. I have her zaniness, random mind and a tiny portion of her care for other people. I've learned so much from her unspoken example and her spoken counsel. She has such a gift for making people feel comfortable and special.

I'm such a mama's boy. I always have been. Even in middle school when everyone started to get embarrassed to be seen with their mothers, I would still walk with my arm around her at the store or in the mall. (I was taller than my mother by 7th maybe 6th grade.)

I was just thinking yesterday how lucky I am to have her, because she is a breast cancer survivor. 12 years already. But that's a different post for a different day.

Happy belated mother's day to all current and future mother's.

1 comment:

sodapop said...

trent, this is eric. you do have a great mother. i remember when i served in your area we were on bike, and she laminated a map of the area for us. bless her.