Friday, November 07, 2008

Fire Jars

Massage parlors are probably about as common as convenience stores in Nanjing. There's one in particular that my friends go to, and they've gotten to be pretty good friends with them. They've given them English names, helped them with the translation for their frequent massage card buy 10 get 1 free dealies, and go there to just hang out. They're really funny people.

I went in there last night for the first time since the first week when I got a massage and got the fire jars. Basically how it works, they have these jars that they light a fire into and then really quickly put it on your back. It creates a suction and they cover your back with these jars like so:

They leave them on for about 15-20 minutes, slap your back around a little bit and then you're good to go. Afterwards, you have purple souvenirs on your back, the more purple an area is, the more unhealthy it is. So yes, my lower right back is very unhealthy.




More to come soon. I know I say that all the time. But I'm going to do more frequent, but shorter posts.

3 comments:

REB said...

So, isn't it unhealthy because of the fire jar?

marcia said...

that is so disturbing and disgusting. kinda like melissa's dots.
keep posting!
love your sis-nat

-- said...

Oh wow trent it looks like you are having lots of fun..we miss you here in provoland