Tuesday, June 12, 2007

psuedo-celebrity sighting

k, so she's probably not a celebrity at all. but i did see this on the pitchfork website, meaning about a million hipsters nationwide did see her. (the girl on the left)



i did know her in high school. i thought about asking her to senior prom, but didn't. now i wish i did so i had a cool connection to her. and i'm always trying to make connections to (psuedo)celebrities. unfortunately this is as good as i've got right now.

other pathetic celebrity connections/sightings include:
- saw steve young speak in a fireside.
- was in the same ward as former 49er's tight end Greg Clark
- Went to the same high school (much later) as the blue power ranger.
- Saw sportswriter for LA Times, J.A. Adande at the Jazz/Spurs game 3.
- Saw Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond at the Elite 8 game in San Jose.
- Saw canto pop icons "The Twins" in the Sha Tin Town Centre in Hong Kong.
- I am Japanese. Also Japanese:
- Miss Universe
- Daisuke Matsuzaka, most hyped rookie of baseball.
- A million other baseball players.
- Brian Katsumoto, painter of a sweet Joe Montana print I found in DI
- Takeru Kobayashi, though he recently lost his hot dog eating title.
- The girl in the american apparel ad.

5 comments:

heathen said...

I'm leaving a comment on your blog. Now you know where mine is! ha.

My pseudo celebrity connections are as follows: saw Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, and Katie Holmes about 30 feet away a the Batman Begins premier in London, I know Lee Norris (formerly of the Torkelsons - if you watched that, and the basketball junkie/nerd in One Tree Hill), and Sandra Bullock served at a restaurant I went to and also went to college in the town I grew up in. Cool.

You still probably won.

meredith said...

I love that heather knows about torkelsons...the guy was also minkus on boy meets world. I know a lot about tv. This isn't why I commented.

My parents and I had dinner the other night with Shawn Colvin. And when I say we had dinner with her, we sat two tables over from her and her daughter at whole foods. I asked her to sing sunny came home, the only song I know that she sings, and she spit food in my face. And when I say that, I mean I just stared at her while she ate her dinner.

HCIC said...

I once saw Rashard Lewis at the mall. Also, ran into Rick Majerus at the airport in Salt Lake.

Alison said...

i stood next to TONY DANZA in the airport security line and we shared smiles about the absurdity of having to take our shoes off.

samsam said...

you should add....

sam dickens-she gave me a ride home once...and was over at my house a lot too....